Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time Format in Mail Merge Access to Publisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aimee88

MIS
Jun 5, 2002
GB
I'm merging from Access to Publisher (ideally) and one field is an appointment time. In Access it is formatted as "medium date" (ie 1:04 PM). When I merge to Publisher it comes out 1:04:00 PM.

I found an article addressing this issue, and the recommendation was to use Excel and reformat the field as text. I'd rather not involve Excel, if I don't have to.

I suppose the other option is to use Word, but it's a postcard (printing 4 per page) and Publisher is just nicer for such a project.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Aimee

Well, I found a workable solution. The Excel option acutally would only have worked, if I wanted to re-enter my data. I opened the export from Access and tried to reformat the cells to text, and it didn't keep my data, so I went back to Access and changed the cell format to text. The only manipulating I would do with that field is to sort, and as text the times still sort properly. Now my postcards will print with a normal looking time.

Any other insight would still be appreciated, but I thought I should share this.

Aimee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back