Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time for CCNA recertification!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doktor

IS-IT--Management
Dec 3, 2003
DK
I need to know a bit more of the option to re-certifcate may CCNA.
Maybe you can help.
I passed my CCNA exam 6 years ago.
(December 2006 Exam(640-801) Cisco Certified Network Associate - Passed)
It was renewed 3 years later by passing the CVoice v6.0 (642-436) exam.
(November 2009 Exam (642-436) Cisco Voice over IP - Passed ).
Now it is time again to make the re-certification.

Can you explain the pros and cons of the CCNA Voice 640-460
versus the CCNA Voice 640-461 - or is there a totally other way to go?
I'm working mostly with IP based PBX products.

///doktor

At this point, you don't really have an option for the 640-460 exam. Looks like it was retired Feb 2011. If I were in your shoes, and had already passed a 642-xxx exam, I'd probably keep going down the path towards the CCNP Voice, however you will need to finish before your CVoice exam expires.

Would it be to go after the 640-461 exam or the 642-437 exam?

///doktor

I think your best path is to retake the 640-461 voice exam to renew your CCNA Voice and CCNA. The 642-436 exam that you previously passed is no longer offered and my GUESS would be that there is no path to use it towards a CCNP Voice certification.

Thank for the ggod answers.
Maybe you can explain why some of my friend take the 640-461 and others the 642-437. They are on the same skill level and just want to renew their CCNA?

///doktor

Maybe due to cost. I know in the US that the 640-461 exam is $250 and the 642-437 exam is likely $200.

In a recent interview my friend was specifically told that he holds an edge over others cause of 640-461, he was selected only cause of this.

In a recent interview my friend was specifically told that he holds an edge over others cause of 640-461, he was selected only cause of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back