Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time display doesn't update - ACS 6 SOE

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanlent

Technical User
Nov 21, 2003
I had posted an earlier thread regarding the system clock losing the correct time; this is a slightly different issue.

Our system is an ACS 6 SOE, and we currently have MLS-12D phones on x10, x11, and x12. The phone at x10 currently says that it's Tuesday, 4/3, and x11 and x12 were saying it's Wednesday, 4/4. I went into system programming from x11 and did #101, and the system date is set correctly (040507). As soon as I exited system programming, x11 now shows the correct date, but x10 still says tuesday and x12 still says wednesday.

Any particular reason why the phones aren't displaying the correct date, even if it's right in the system?

Did you setup daylight saving time? maybe that might help

I turned off the daylight savings auto update, since I was pretty sure it had the wrong dates (4/1 instead of 3/11, etc).

I'm not sure how to check which revision of the software we're on here; F59 only says "PACS R6.0.4 C01".

I tried the system reset - The date was correct after the reboot. However, now the light on the ACS module is red instead of green.

On further examination, it appears the phone's display only updates when the phone's in use. I don't use my phone a lot, but my coworkers do - Their phones were correct this morning but mine still said Friday 4/6. (The way our system is programmed, even though X-10 is at my desk, our line assignments are set up so that my phone never rings unless a call is explicitly transferred to me.) Any time the phone's display changes, the date updates. (For example, this morning, when X-10 said it was still Friday, I did a F-59 to display the revision number, and after the 15-second window, the phone reverted to the correct date.) The time has been keeping itself nicely, which is good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back