Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time delay loading form

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollox

MIS
Oct 21, 2002
GB
Hi

I am currently tearing my hair out over this problem. I have a form from which users can press a button to open a form containing data based on a filter. For example, press the button marked Recruitment, which processes a macro which opens a form and displays records that belong to the recruitment team and not any other team. Fairly straight forward.

The problem is that it can take up to 2 minutes to process the filter and open the form, understandably the end users get frustrated.

Does any one have any idea what is casuing this delay and how can it be resolved.

Cheers

Rollox

Hi

There are many reasons why it may be taking so long:

Large volume of data

Complex joins and or inefficient query design

inadequate hardware

More information is needed before anyone can offer a sensible suggestion Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

Hi

Thank you for your response. It is not a complicated database, there is only 790 records. the form containing the records is built around one table, although there are several look up tables for title etc.. The hardware is adequate. It is not a Complex Join as, at the moment, it only involves one table.

I have attached the details of the Macro behind the button (On Click):

OpenForm: FRMOrgDev
DataSource: ODTData
WhereCondition: [T_Company_Data]![ArchiveRecord]=False And [T_Company_Data]![Client]="Business Services"

The ODTData has no criteria set. The purpose beind the button is to display data that has not been marked for archive and therefore will only display X number of records

When the first person accesses the database there are no delays, but when a additional users access the database and select the button there is a time delay.

Is there any additional info that you require?

Cheers

Rollox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back