Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time continuously behind

Status
Not open for further replies.

AL16

Programmer
Sep 5, 2008
US
I have an S8300 with 5.2, that is experiencing issues with the Time server.

I have used our NTP server and used the local host server on-site. Which gets its time from the NTP server.

I will change the time manually within the web interface, one week later it will be at the very least 1 whole hour behind the actual time.

Looking for ideas as to why this is happening on a weekly basis.

Did you check the daylight savings time rules?

Do "change time" to see if the rule is set, then do "cha day" to see when it it active. Also check the locations form and make sure there is no offset.

You can manulaay try to sync to the NTP server via the web GUI.

Where or how do I check the logs to ensure they are synchronizing?

You can see if it's syncing by going to the web maintenance page, and under Diagnostics, click on Network Time Sync. Thats where you should see the IP address or host name of your time server. There should be several columns also listed, under the refid, it should be the ip address, under the When column it should say that last time in seconds since the previous sync. You can select the help file and it will explain it more in detail. But if you see nothing in those first couple of columns, you may not be syncing up to your time server.

The When column, states 19. I'm assuming this means it just updated but the time was already an hour and some change behind.

I ended up changing the Time server to a different one, I'll let everyone know if that fixed the issue.

Thanks for everyones help!!

this started happening to my CM 5.2 after some windows updates a few months ago changed the NTP protocol version on the windows domain controller that I was pointed to as my NTP server.

to resolve, our network team enabled the cisco switches/gateways to be the provide NTP clock source per each subnet. I pointed my CM servers to their local gateway and it now started working.

My CM's were slipping about a minute a day though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back