Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time Card Conditional Formulas 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj007

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2003
US
We have more 500 employees with more than 10 versions of time cards being used. Administration has determined that only one time card be used. However, some additional formatting is needed and I do not know how to get it done. I am pretty good with Access but weak in Excel.

To start with, this is a two week scenario.

1. The date is entered in cell A10 and the corresponding dates are populated for two weeks down to cell A43.

2. The Time In and Time Out columns are work hour columns that are entered by the employee. An employee is given a 30 minute lunch break just for reporting to work.

3. So, the 30 minute allotment must be included the Standard Hours Worked Column D10 thru D23 & D30 thru D43.

4. The Time Adjustment Cells D24 & D44 reflect the total 30 minute lunch break time. A full work week will show 2.50 hours of lunch break periods. The time will decrease by 30 minutes for each work absence.

5. Going left to right: The reg overtime column (E) is left blank. Only the PREM column (F)is used and added to the SICK LEAVE column (G), ANNUAL LEAVE column (H) and Other HRS column (J). The HED column (I) is a code and not calculated cell. All the time should total in column K.

In summary, an employee insert their time in and time out data that reflects a 30 minute lunch (Standard Hours). Standard hours + Prem overtime + Sick Leave + Annual Leave + Other Hrs = Total

I am almost there, but I can't get the time adjustment to reflect a work absence and I keep getting an half more in the Total column. Your assistance will be appreciated. Thanks I can attach a copy of the work sheet if needed.

I will be happy to take a look:

bluedragon_2@yahoo.com

Blue [dragon]

If I wasn't Blue, I would just be a Dragon...

Thanks, I just e-mailed it to you.

Thanks Blue. You did an excellent job.
[2thumbsup]

TJ,

I suspect you would be VERY willing to "Thank Blue" in the "proper" manner - if only someone were to explain what the "proper" manner is ???

At Tek-Tips, this "proper" manner of "saying thanks" (in addition to the textual thanks), is to award one of those STARS you might have seen. It's kind of like early school years when students are awarded STARS for doing GOOD work.

I suspect Blue has done considerable work for you, and I'm sure he would "really" appreciate being awarded a STAR. Afterall, it's the ONLY type of "formal recognition" received by the contributors at Tek-Tips. Contributors receive NOTHING else, and certainly NO $$$.

Awarding a STAR simply involves clicking on the "Mark this post as a helpful/expert post!" - located in the lower-left-corner of the contributor's posting.

The STARS also serve as a sort of "beacon" to alert other Tek-Tips browsers that a potential useful solution has been posted, and to alert potential contributors that a solution has been provided.

I just thought you would appreciate knowing this. :)

Regards, ...Dale Watson dwatson@bsi.gov.mb.ca

What is it with 'stars' in Tek Tips ?

I give them but I wonder if it doesnt make the recipient feel that he/she is back in elementary school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back