Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time based Incoming call bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

TISTech1

Vendor
Nov 17, 2011
US
Work around time. If anyone is board and doesn't have anything else to do.

I have a school district as a client. They are wanting to send any outside calls destined for a classroom to voicemail during class time while still allowing internal calls. (I.E. people who hit the Auto Attendant and dial the Extension or Name)

SO here is the track I am on, maybe someone else has a better way of doing it.

I am using a working hours time profile with a working hours user rights template and an out of hours user rights template.
The only difference is that the working hours template has DND enabled and applied. Then I am going to every class room user’s DND exceptions and putting in 1XXX.

I have tested this in my lab and it works great. But I was hoping there was a better way than getting into ever users DND exceptions. There are a lot of class rooms.

The system is a preferred edition IP500V2.

Thanks!

I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own.

APSS , ACIS , & ACSS û SME

Hi TISTech1

Use a week planner in VMPro to set the time periods. Send the calls straight to a Listen task and deliver the calls to the right mailbox. For bonus points, rather than setting this up for every indial, use a Generic String Manipulation to capture the last few digits of the $CALLED variable (assuming that the last few digits of the indial = the extension number of the room). Send it to $CP0 and then set the destination of the listen task as $CP0

Let me know if that works for you!

Thanks OmegaNZL,

The only issue with that solution is that they only want it for some of the users and not all of them. Anyone who is not a teacher in a class room, they want the calls to ring like normal.

Thanks!

I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own.

APSS , ACIS , & ACSS û SME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back