Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time and date question

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2003
GB
Can anyone tell me how to set the time on a windows 2000 machine.

As the time on my emails was 8 hours ahead, I went to the time and date and realised that the time zone was in Tijuana, so now that I have put it back to Grenwich Meantime, my emails are ok, but the time on my computer and everything it equates to is now 8 hours out.

Yet I can't change the actual time. what is going wrong here??

When student asks a questions, often the most obvious solution is the answer.

Reboot and go into setup. You'll have an option to set time/date there.

"'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds." - Malaclypse the Younger

Thankyou Carrr!

When student asks a questions, often the most obvious solution is the answer.

If you're an administrator, just double clicking on clock in the tray should bring up Date & Time properties, where you can set date & time & timezone.

I think there is no solution to trying to have emails reflect a local clock, and having the system time and date adjust to a different standard.

Well, as for the e-mails, it depends on which program you're using.. In the new "Hotmail" [confused] you can adjust the settings to your time zone.. I would imagine it's the same with others.
Let us know what e-mail programs/sites you're talking about.. Maybe someone knows how to do it.
Patrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back