Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Timberwolf 9730 and Arcserve 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

drofdarb

Technical User
Sep 25, 2003
GB
I am pretty dumb when it comes to SCSI, but how do i get my 9730 to appear in arcserve 2000. I have pluggeg my scsi card to the back of the 9730. From the 9730 goes to the first drive and then I have put a terminator on the other connector n the drive.

I get nothing in Arcserve or windows 2000. Do I need some drivers or something to get the unit/drives showing up?

Cheers
Brad

Brad - I've emailed you the Dell 130T manuals - don't worry that it says Dell 130T - it's the 9730 unit and the manuals worked well for me.

Susan

Thanks for that.. can't belive I got a response so quick.. my boss is stunned..

Now to to real business of getting the thing to work..

Thanks again.
Brad

Still getting nothing.. should win2K automatically pick up the unit or do I nned to do something.. arcserve and windows both see no devices??

I must be missing something..
Should I install the tape drive drivers into windows?
Are their drivers for the controller?

I know the scsi card works as I had a DLT8000 on it previously and now have the timberwolf plugged in instead.

I am a bit lost here..

Cheers
Brad

bit of a late reply, but you need to instal the "tape library option" with arcserve.

Could you please send me the manual for timberwolf 9730, I have to do some troubleshooting
My email address is hacire.aktas@nordea.com
thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back