Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Timberline, Crystal Reports, IIS, and ASP.NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomoguisuru

Programmer
Jan 21, 2009
US
I have an ASP.NET website that I've created using VS 2008 and the .NET 2.0 Framework. The site takes a Crystal Report developed in Crystal 9 and loads it onto the website.

The ODBC connection that the report is using is a Timberline Data connection, and it all works fine. As long as I run the project from my local computer, it all works just fine. However, as soon as I publish it to our IIS server, it breaks.

Here is the error message

Logon failed. Details: 01000:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The driver doesn't support the version of ODBC behavior that the application requested (see SQLSetEnvAttr).
Query Engine Error: 'S1000:[TimberlineODBC][TimberlineODBCEngine ODBC Driver][DRM File Library]Drive or directory unavailable [IO-WIN 3] Screen\OD.scr'
Logon failed. Error in File C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\TimeRequest {BE81D3F5-C2CB-48F6-A2BE-412E4FB26540}.rpt: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters.

The ODBC connection is the exact same on the IIS server as on my local machine, and the website is set to run under a domain admin account. Any help would be appreciated.

I googled the first erorr in your post and found numerous results and varying in is specific solutions but all pertaining to IIS/ASP.NET (app) rights on the OBDC driver and Database

-- Jason
"It's Just Ones and Zeros

I had a similar error and it turned out that the ODBC connection on the server was an older version than the same ODBC Driver on my local machine. After updating the server to the more recent version it worked fine.

Does anyone know where I can get the updated ODBC driver?

I looked into, and the ODBC driver is the same on both machines. I've heard in other forums that there might be a rights issue involved with the IIS server. Does anyone know what they might be talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back