Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tim Plus incoming call response time

Status
Not open for further replies.

davea2

Technical User
Mar 14, 2005
GB
Hi

I am sure this must have been a thread previously, but have been unable to find one so specific.

Anyway, Tim Plus on IPO R9.1 primarily to log inbound calls.
Calls come into a HG with queuing active, and Q announcements.
problems is the response time on all inbound calls that go into the Q show as 20s which is the time before the 1st Ann. cuts in, even if the caller has to wait 20 minutes to speak to a person (which some do)
tested on our system here with the same results, and none of the Tim Plus reports will show the actual answer time, only the answer time by the VM Ann.

Any way around this at all please? or will any other reporting software get it correct?

The customer obviously wants to see how long callers are waiting to speak to a human.

Many thanks!

Dave

There is a check mark that says, flash call as answered you may want to unchecked that

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Hi

Thanks for the reply.
The tick box is unchecked. I think it only relates to CCC and CCR as well, like the 'flag call answered by voicemail' checkbox in VMPro call flows?

Cheers

Dave

Tims is only being fed SMDR data. What have Tri-Line said about it?

ACSS - SME
General Geek

Tri Line have said they can only deal with the data they are presented with and speak to Avaya :-/

It was a long time since I played with SMDR but it isn't the greatest for statistics.
I'm guessing you'll get SMDR data when the announcement kicks in and then a second one when the agent answers and they would need to handle this correctly.

Think you best bet is to switch to Xima which the majority use for statistics on IPO today.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I'm afraid, you won't get far with Avaya.
The only solution is a software that doesn't use SMDR for these kinds of statistics, e.g. Xima Chronicall as mentioned before.
I've added the Help documentation about Announcements (when on the Announcement Tab in IP Office Manager push the Help button or F1).

Administering Avaya IP Office Platform with Manager said:
Navigation: Group | Announcements

Announcements

Announcements are played to callers waiting to be answered. This includes callers being presented to hunt group members, ie. ringing, and callers queued for presentation.
[ul]
[li]The system supports announcements using Voicemail Pro or Embedded Voicemail.[/li]
[li]If no voicemail channel is available for an announcement, the announcement is not played.[/li]
[li]In conjunction with Voicemail Pro, the system allows a number of voicemail channels to be reserved for announcements. See System | Voicemail.[/li]
[li]With Voicemail Pro, the announcement can be replaced by the action specified in a Queued (1st announcement) or Still Queued (2nd announcement) start point call flow. Refer to the Voicemail Pro Installation and Maintenance documentation for details.[/li]
[li]Calls can be answered during the announcement. If it is a mandatory requirement that announcements should be heard before a call is answered, then a Voicemail Pro call flow should be used before the call is presented.[/li]
[ul][li]Note
Call Billing and Logging
Acall becomes connected when the first announcement is played to it. That connected state is signaled to the call provider who may start billing at that point. The call will also be recorded as answered within the SMDR output once the first announcement is played.[/li][/ul]
[li]If a call is rerouted to a hunt group's Night Service Group or Out of Service Fallback Group, the announcements of the new group are applied.[/li]
[li]If a call overflows, the announcements of the original group are still applied, not those of the overflow group.[/li]
[li]For announcements to be used effectively, the hunt group's Voicemail Answer Time must be extended or Voicemail On must be unselected.[/li]
[/ul]

Installing Chronicall trial as I type...

Thanks for the input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back