Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tills 1 getting RAL version error

Status
Not open for further replies.

kn18

Technical User
Aug 22, 2016
US
Tills 1 getting RAL version error

they are running with RAL 2.3.2.18
aloha pos 6.7.59.6056.2 (QS)

SUggestion urgently required [sad]

I am still having problems however with that Radiant Auto Loader RAL Communication Error "Abort / Retry / Ignore"

Set the term to reload and rerun ral. If you still have problems it's a connection issue.

hit abort and it goes to desktop
hit retry and it will go right back to where you started
hit ignore. IF aloha then loads normal, its not a network issue as Clay described
If it does not load then Clay is correct you have a network issue. Could be the firewall is blocking RAL, could be a corrupt RAL. Many factors can cuase it.
There is an easy fix but does require some smart eyes and hands to solve the issue.

AlohaRoss
An Aloha POS 3rd Party support Solution company.

As i move with abort and as expected RAL asked me for NIC , and there are several options for it, i select LANA 0 option with till IP address. and then i test for LANA path and number by LANA showlanapath , it is 0 , there is still the issue. after restart.
hey aloha Ross, any steps should i need to follow , if i move to reinstall there is again same issue. please tell any steps if i need to follow.

may be the solution is set terminal for Reload as the issue could be because of this as terminal is looking for the RAL software on the back office pc to pull the configuration.

can any one tell me how to set the terminal for reload in aloha so that it can fetch the files from BOH and then i select abort then move for NIC card selection , i hope then it works.

To set to reload
Open Aloha Admin UI on BOH. Highlight term1. on right hand side choose reload.
Thats it for the BOH. If it fails to load on FOH it may be a larger issue. Not something that can be diagnosed over a forum.

AlohaRoss

Thanks , but for now i can view this error on terminal
ERROR - radiant auto loader

At radiant.alohaPOS.radiantautoloader.c
lientconfigurationdata. .ctor
(logclientmessage
Incomingclientmessage)
At
Radiant.alohaPOS.radiant autoloader.m
A inform. .ctor()
At
Radiant.alohapos.radiantautoloader.m
Ainform.main()ERROR - radiant auto loader
At radiant.alohaPOS.radiantautoloader.c
lientconfigurationdata. .ctor
(logclientmessage
Incomingclientmessage)
At
Radiant.alohaPOS.radiant autoloader.m
A inform. .ctor()
At
Radiant.alohapos.radiantautoloader.m
Ainform.main()

anything you can suggest with this, how to overcome with this issue #AlohaRoss

Usually when I get that error, I uninstall RAL, reboot, reinstall RAL
RAL install media is usually found in the staging folder, sometimes still in .zip. If you have set term1 to reload prior to install, RAL should cause term1 to reboot 2 or 3 times and then come up. Also turn off the BOH firewall during the process. It sometimes help with installation.

AlohaRoss

Hi,

yes the firewall is off , so basically you mean, simply i just move to uninstall RAL and Reinstall it and check if it works or not ,

Yep, but be sure to follow my directions about rebooting after the uninstall
or for a more simple fix
Option 2. Remove the Radiant Autoloader from start up folder and replace with ibercfg.bat in the %iberroot%\aloha folder. Aloha will reload faster after refresh by not stopping to check for new configuration.

AlohaRoss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back