Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TIF File Corruption...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdaemon

Technical User
May 1, 2001
US
Hi,
does anybody know of a way to detect corrupt tiff files. Is there any software avaliable that can check tiff files for such corruption.

Thanks

Just try opening it in photoshop I guess. FlightCheck does some checking but I dont know if it will tell you if the file is corrupt or not. Why do you need to know?

I am just learning adobe 10 and am having trouble editing Tiff place on a layer in Illustrator 10. Illustrator 10 is creating an entire page in layout that when displayed or merged with another layer, the background of that placed tiff blocks out the other layer. In other words illustrator seems to be adding a background to the original artwork placed on a layer. How do I crop the tiff artwork backed to the original footprint. Hope I have communicated my problem in this new area I have no expertise in. tks

If you need to crop the tiff, draw a rectangle over it the same size as you need the crop to be, select both the tiff and the rectangle, go to Object > Clipping Mask > Make. It doesn't even have to be a rectangle, any shape will do.

hth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back