Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tie Shift Buzzer into Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

DamFam

IS-IT--Management
Sep 20, 2006
CA
Hello all,

Is there any way, with the BCM400 - to program some sort of timer buzzer into the page system?

I want to have a shift change/break buzzer for the plant floor, and as the paging system technically has everything required, I was wondering if there was some way to program that into the BCM?

Any help would be appreciated.

A paging app has just been added that pre-recorded timed pages can be programed. Looks like keycode enabled after the app has been added.

Thanks a lot. Any idea what software revision I need to be running, where I can get the app or what cost(s) are involved (roughly, for the keycode)

Currently running 3.7 build 2.4f

Thanks again!

4.0 only? Darn. That is unfortunate.

Is it a big cost to upgrade 3.7 to 4.0? A better question, I guess is: Is the upgrade from 3.7 to 4.0 worth it, overall?

I can't speak concerning cost, but YES it is worth it. Linux is much more stable that NT and the 4.0 is easier to manage. There are many other advantages in upgrading to 4.0.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back