Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tie lines to BCM400

Status
Not open for further replies.

enrightdj

Technical User
Sep 7, 2003
I have a pt to pt T-1 from an Option 61 to a BCM 400, when 4 didgit dialing from 61 site to BCM I receive ring back but call never terminates on set nor does it FNA to Callpilot. From the BCM location I can place calls to the Option 61 and through the 61 with no problems.

Anybody have any ideas?

t1 non pri? on the bcm end make sure you have the number of digits right, in your did field.. (not a big bcm guy) that will cause that problem.. if your t1, then ld 80 trad x x, the outbound b channel, that will help determine if your sending the right digits to the bcm.. if your sending 4 and you need 4, check the bcm

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

johnpoole/hawks

I have the T-1 setup for B8S-ESF taking no errors. Route set for TRK tie lines, no PRI.

I have performed the TRAD and noticed I'm getting a nooutpulse, my understanding is when the BCM sees this it is routing the call somewhere because it does not know what to do with the call, can't locate. When performing the TRAD I'm sending 4 digits, not sure why it is not out pulsing. Verified route to existing and workig route they appear to be identical, same way with trunks.

I built a DMI table inst 0 and del 0 and ctyp to cdp, no change.

Make sure you have configured the target lines on BCM.

Done,

It appears I'm not receiving a wink from the BCM. I have verified all trunks are set to wink

What digits are you sending to the BCM? Use LD 80 and do a Trace.

Use BCM Monitor to see if call is comming into BCM and where is it ringing.

A call will only FNA to Vmail if it is programmed on the set that is being called.

Problem resolved. THe trunks on the BCM side must be set for auto answer, if they are not the 61 will not receive wink.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back