Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tie line issues over Single mode Fibre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt2010

Technical User
May 28, 2010
AU
Hello,

I have an Option 11C that was upgraded to Release 5. I also have a CS 1K that is being linked to the Option 11C using a single mode fiber connection. I have programmed both systems for trunks / routes / d channels etc which I have done on multiple occasions.

However I have not been able to get the D Channels to talk over the fiber connection. There are fiber converter boxes located at both sites, and they can see each other fine. If I disconnect the convertes from the network my PRI's go into Far end alarm, I cant however even get the D Channels to talk, they never come up and once attempted they go back to out of service. Both cards have been tested, and I was able to get both systems talking using a CAT 5 cable between them.

Has anyone come across such an issue using a single mode fiber connection?

Hi Matt2010,
I have seen this issue when the fibre was connected through a concentrator. Once the concentrator was removed the tielines estblished immediately.

Thanks Guys,

I managed to get this working. I needed to get rid of the fiber to E1 converters at each end, and use a fiber to E1 Mux, The converters weren't doing anything for the bandwidth I'd say. As soon as the Mux was connected it came straight up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back