Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tie call to Public trunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJA

Technical User
Jul 9, 2003
CA

Hi,

I have 3 TDE200's, all connected using the IP-GW.

How can I place a call from one PBX to another PBX using the TIE IP-GW connection but route the call outwards?

For example - if I could place call from PBX 1 to PBX 2 and then use PBX 2 to get to the outside world, it would save on long distance charges.

The Panasonic trained techs who initally linked the systems claim it is configured & 'should' be working, but it's not. I've become frustrated with the lack of progress.

I've read the manuals on using DISA to get an outside line. It mentions assigning DISA a number & then calling that number - but I cannot seem to find where you assign the number?

I've looked at ARS to route the call out, (it is turned off on all 3 TDE200's). When I turn it on, all my 'Intercom' calling stops working. I think I need to program call routing into ARS, but am unsure how to do this.

Can someone advise on the best way to achieve this.

Thank you

Paul

of cousre the system wontlet you dial out. youe using the IP gateway trunks for tandem switching, which are all internal numbers.

for example if you using 4 ip trunk gate way and they are assignes to the same trunk within the program settings.

what you need to do is set 2 (or however may you want) to
be used as internal tie lines and the remainder to pre dial 9 if selected.

the effect will be
extn on pbx A dials an external number off of PBX B

in your LCR Table the pbx select 1 of the ip trunks to
traffic the call from PBX A to PBX B. In the routing table
of the IP CARD on PBX B, it will see the digits recieved
and access the IP Trunk on PBX B that is set to dial 9.
the remaining called numbers are then passed to the local exchange line.

I assume this is what you are trying to achieve.

Follow up...

Thanks to everyone, especially cwc3, for continuing to bang your heads against the wall on this one.

I gave up in the end. My main purpose was to get a separate fax system dialling out using H323. In the end, I installed a separate modem connected to an outgoing line rather then going out via the Panasonic.

Incoming calls work fine. Faxes get detected by the Panasonic and routed to the fax server - which receives the fax.

We can now close this monster thread!

Regards

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back