Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tie call to Public trunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJA

Technical User
Jul 9, 2003
CA

Hi,

I have 3 TDE200's, all connected using the IP-GW.

How can I place a call from one PBX to another PBX using the TIE IP-GW connection but route the call outwards?

For example - if I could place call from PBX 1 to PBX 2 and then use PBX 2 to get to the outside world, it would save on long distance charges.

The Panasonic trained techs who initally linked the systems claim it is configured & 'should' be working, but it's not. I've become frustrated with the lack of progress.

I've read the manuals on using DISA to get an outside line. It mentions assigning DISA a number & then calling that number - but I cannot seem to find where you assign the number?

I've looked at ARS to route the call out, (it is turned off on all 3 TDE200's). When I turn it on, all my 'Intercom' calling stops working. I think I need to program call routing into ARS, but am unsure how to do this.

Can someone advise on the best way to achieve this.

Thank you

Paul

to make calls through each pabx, the external co access code can not be the same lead number at each system.

so 91.92,93 are the access codes. in each system you put the co access numbers in other systems plan.
in private network> tie table you put the 2 access co numbers with the trunk group set as gateway group (and of course the lead numbers of extensions)

on the gateway card you set dn2ip table, leading numbers of extensions followed by remaining digits 2-3 and also the co access codes 91,92,93 depending on what system you are setting up and set the remaining number of digits to 10-11
Remember to set the number to gateway table

Then put in hunt pattern the extension lead number of that system and also put in the co access code for that system as well.

This should allow you to pick up an extension in one system(91) and dial 92 or 93 plus phone number and make the call through the other systems

This is exactly how it is already set. I double checked all of it. All extension calls work fine.

From 91, dial 92 and 10 digits - rings once, a long pause, then a busy tone. This happens from all locations trying to call out from all other locations.

You said "Remember to set the number to gateway table" - where can I double check this?

Thanks

Paul

it sounds more like co to co calls are not allowed. the system sees a gate way as a co, so co to co has to be enabled.

I was saying when you enter a number in the nd2ip table it is assigned to the gateway, but it sounds like thats OK.

when you dial out can someone in the other site see a co line being picked up?

Option A which is what you are using says right in the
book that you can't do a tie to co call

Making a TIE Line Call
One of the following two methods can be used to make a TIE line call.
a. Extension Number Method (Access without PBX Code)
Dial the [Extension Number] only.

b. PBX Code Method (Access with PBX Code)
Dial the [TIE Line Access Number] + [PBX Code] + [Extension Number].
4.9 [2-6-1] Numbering Plan—Main—Features— TIE Line Access
11.1 [9-1] TIE Table— Own PBX Code

Explanation:
To use this method, it is necessary to know each PBX code in order to identify the location of an extension.
Case 1:
Extension 1012 of PBX-1 dials TIE line access number "7", PBX code "952", and extension
number "1011".
® Extension 1012 of PBX-1 is connected to extension 1011 of PBX-2.
Case 2:
Extension 1011 of PBX-1 dials TIE line access number "7", PBX code "953", and extension
number "1011".
® Extension 1011 of PBX-1 is connected to extension 1011 of PBX-3.
TIE Line and CO Line Connection
To connect the TIE line with the CO line, the following patterns are available:
1. CO Line-to-TIE Access
2. TIE-to-CO Line Access
3. CO Line-to-TIE-to-CO Line Access
CO Line-to-TIE Access
It is possible to assign an extension of another PBX as the destination of incoming CO line calls to the own
PBX.
It is also possible to forward calls using a virtual PS. Using this method, CO line calls received at PBX-1 are
forwarded directly to the extension at PBX-2, even when using the PBX Code method.
a. Incoming CO Line Call Destination Assignment

Explanation:
1. Extension 1011 of PBX-1 dials the TIE line access number "7", PBX code "952", Idle Line Access
number of PBX-2 "9", and telephone number "211-4567"; or dials the Trunk Group Access number of
PBX-1 "8", trunk group number "02" (TRG2), PBX code "952", Idle Line Access number of PBX-2 "9",
and telephone number "211-4567".
2. The call is connected to the outside party "211-4567" through PBX-2 which has PBX code "952".

if you program the system for other systems number plan you don't use 7. I have a switch in Poland dialing out through a system in Dublin using the method.

Are you using the own PBX code in tie table? it you are this could be causing a problem

I appreciate the amount of effort people have put in to solve this.

The Panasonic guys who first programmed this said it 'should' be working - good to hear you have seen this working between 2 other PBX's.

When I first started looking at this, 91 was in the first PBX's TIE table and I removed it. Maybe I need a restart of the PBX?

91 is also set as the idle line (local access) feature number.

Paul

it won't matter what numbers is in the tie table as it has to be in other pabx table before it will look at that table. make sure the co cos has transfer to co enabled and try fwd to co as well

I'dd be inclined to believe ken even though the book says you need to dial a tie access code and a pbx code and trunk code
and number .....let us know how you make out!!

Well - it all the COS settings seem right and trunks look in order.

I think I'm going to start taking screen shots & attach them - something might stand out.

On the V-IPGW16, Shelf Proparty page, the Trunk Property is set to Private. Should it be set to Public?

Paul

No that's fine, your gateway is working so it is either a routing problem or cos. If you dial internaly to another extension on a remote system can they transfer you to an external number

I'll leave it alone! :)

Yes - you call any extension in any branch and they can transfer the call out, no problems.

Paul

can they see a co line being picked up and dropped if you try to make a call or if you ring your cell trough the other branch does it ring?

Short answer - yes.

Long answer - I have 15 lines on a partial T1. Lines 17 to 20 are the tie lines.

If you make a call out trying to use tie line to CO, line 17 and one CO line both light up for just a moment - then drop.

Paul

The cell phone does NOT ring if you call it from a TIE line out.

Paul

what class of service is on the gateway Co's on each system, that really sounds like cos problem.

only problem I had with calling out was a cell that had being ported to another company here sends a tone to caller to let them know it is on a different network than prefix and for some reason the tone affected the call going through.
so for the question, when you dial out on normal lines, is there any tones sent back to you for any reason.

Tones sent back? Not that I'm aware...

COS - everything is set on 1 except TRS lock, which is 7

Under the actual port settings of the PRI card, the following are set on the Supplementary service tab. I wonder if any of these are having an effect?

COLP = No
CLIR = Yes
COLR = No
CNIP = No
CONP = No
CNIR = No
CONR = No
CF (Rerouting) = No
CT = No
CCBS = No
AOC-D = No
AOC-E = No
E911 = Yes
3PTY = No
CCBS Type = All
CCBS Delete Digits = 0

Does any of this help?

regards

Paul

Those settings look fine, the big problem here is the system is not allowing you to dial out, it picks up the line then drops it. Do you have enough digits allowed for the number I.e 92 followed by 10 digits make sure you have the correct number of digits. Try putting a test number in the emergency exception table this will over ride most cos
other thing is number prefix's as you are dialing from a different town make sure you have entered the prefix for where you are dialing if it not local number and that you have th number of digits allowed for that as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back