Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tie call to Public trunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJA

Technical User
Jul 9, 2003
CA

Hi,

I have 3 TDE200's, all connected using the IP-GW.

How can I place a call from one PBX to another PBX using the TIE IP-GW connection but route the call outwards?

For example - if I could place call from PBX 1 to PBX 2 and then use PBX 2 to get to the outside world, it would save on long distance charges.

The Panasonic trained techs who initally linked the systems claim it is configured & 'should' be working, but it's not. I've become frustrated with the lack of progress.

I've read the manuals on using DISA to get an outside line. It mentions assigning DISA a number & then calling that number - but I cannot seem to find where you assign the number?

I've looked at ARS to route the call out, (it is turned off on all 3 TDE200's). When I turn it on, all my 'Intercom' calling stops working. I think I need to program call routing into ARS, but am unsure how to do this.

Can someone advise on the best way to achieve this.

Thank you

Paul

To doublespeak, it's not as simple or as difficult as it seems. Tandem trunks have a Class of Service and that has to be enabled to make it work. Also, in that COS you must define all the exchanges you're going to allow in the tandem to keep outsiders from dialing numbers that aren't local to the switch.

Probably sit down with the manual and review ARS for each switch you want to have this feature available. For example, you would manually dial 7 plus 80x plus the number to make a call from switch A through B to the PSTN, so you need to put the drop and insert digits into the ARS string for that particular call group and program the fallback to route the calls out through the home switch.

In today's "free" calling environment though, Tandem trunking is a bit redundant unless you're trying to created the impression of a local presence via CID.

LkEErie

tde has esvm in it set up a test disa menu on switch b its
501 by default get it working now can you dial 7 501 from switch a and do you get ogm 501 on switch b then can you dial 9 x xxx xxx xxxx and connect with the outside world from switch b ??

Thanks guys,

I've gone to 5.3.2, entered 501 in the first slot. When I look at the extensions list - I can see 501 as OGM(DISA)

I added 5XX to 2.6.1

When I call 501 with the intercom button - I get a busy signal & 'reorder tone' on the display.

When I call 5019xxxxxxxxx or 75019xxxxxxxx, there is a long silence, then I hear a recording that the call cannot be completed as dialled.

If it helps, we use the Panasonic DECT phones (which work very well by the way). To call out on them, we have to manually select a line. That's kind of what I'm trying to do, but with key strokes & from another PBX.

Paul

perhaps I did not under stand you ! let me recap you would like to dial an ext or access code and be connected to a remote tda dial a trunkgroup access code and dial out on there nickle correct? would you like to hear dead airspace or have like dialing instructions come on ?
quick question what do you dial now for an ext on a remote system ? what does your numbering plan look like do have like all 100's on A 200's on b 300's on c?

Wow. If you're going to use DISA, try reviewing 1.4.7 of the features manual. Do you have a DISA floating number and No security, or if security are you dialing the proper codes? Did you record an OGM for the DISA trunk? Are you confusing the OGM code for the DISA floating number (I did that with a room number) pretty embarassing when I asked for help and here I could audit all numbers in the system via software. You can dial an OGM code from only one place, the 36 phone at the console.

Did you give your tie line access to outside lines?

Remember, there are several steps to this. It's not just "giving a number" to some box and dialing it.

LkEErie

Thanks again guys,

CWC3 - Yes, I would like to connect to the other TDE & dial on thier nickel. I do not need a recorded dialing instruction message. Yes - our numbering is 1xx at branch 1, 2xx at branch 2, 4xx at branch 4 (branch 3 did exist, it went away).
I call other extensions in other branches like I call local extensions - intercom button and then the ext number. (we have no ARS).

LkEErie - wow indeed. I have read 1.4.7. I find for me that somethings just take a bit of time (and practice) to sink in.

Did I record a message for the DISA system? No - do you have to, can it not work without one? I did put 501 in the first floating number. Security is set to TRUNK.

Did I give TIE lines access to outline lines? Using COS I believe I have.

I do understand it's not just giving a number to a box & dialing it - because that would be too easy right.

I have Asterisk, Office Communications Server, Cisco, Nortel & various SIP providers experience - the Panasonic is new(ish) to me & I'm enjoying the learning curve. I will say, so far, I'm impressed. It's a good unit at a good price. The DECT phones feature is really good.

Paul

record a moment of silence or 501 won't answer !!
change disa directory number on each system from 501 to 100
200,400 so there is no conflict you may need to get disa working with trunkside wizardry but at least get disa to work on each system and i can tell you how to get it to work with a 3 digit access....

Apologies, the other work stuff got in the way, I can get back to this now.

100 is in use. I set it to 195, recorded a simple voice message, set security to none for testing.

I can call it from a tie line, hear the voice message, and then dial an internal extension. Works fine.

I cannot dial a full 10 or 11 digit number.

Paul

ok half the battle is won . can you dial a 9-xxx-xxxx local number.

No - I cannot.

My local access feature on this PBX is set to 91, (92 on the second PBX, 93 on the third).

I call the DISA & hear the message. I dial 91 & hear a dialing tone. I dial the 7 digits - there's a pause, then a busy signal.

Paul

try pointing a test dil 1:1 phone number at 195 for test purposes can you compleat an outside call? 9x-x-xxx-xxx-xxx or
9x-xxx-xxxx ??

Interesting.

I setup a spare DID to go to 195 directly. Called it from my cell phone, it worked perfectly. 91 1 604 xxx xxxx dialed out as expected, call connected, no problems.

Hmmm - why will it not allow my tie lines to call out via DISA?

Paul

A tie Line call may not be seen the same way a dil call to disa 195 ??Well proves you have disa set up on the slave properly

Thats what I was afraid of c.o. in c.o. out may be the key??

is there a way to dil a tie line directly to 195????

Hey I was just digging TDE feature manual like you should be and The answer is on page 222 if you use tie line method A
all you can do is dial an ext number....(heres a little excerpt)

Making a TIE Line Call
One of the following two methods can be used to make a TIE line call.
a. Extension Number Method (Access without PBX Code)
Dial the [Extension Number] only.

Now continue to read about Option B

Thanks - thought I had all the manuals, I was missing the features one.

Reading, experimenting, reading, etc... :)

Paul

Well - my 222 says caller id features?

All the good stuff regarding Tie to CO starts on page 332 (section 1.30.1) - and yes I've been reading.

I can call all extensions no problem.

If I set a PBX code - my extension dialing stops working.

If I call anything other then an extension - I get a busy tone.

If I call the DISA and then try to call out - I get a busy tone.

If I follow these instructions - I get a busy tone - I'm not understanding...

Instructions below:
The PBX sends TIE line calls to the trunks of another PBX through the TIE lines.
a) Trunk Call through Other PBXs—by Making a TIE Line Call Method
[Example]
<Extension Number Method (Access without PBX Code)>
Explanation:
1. Extension 1011 of PBX-1 dials the Trunk Group Access number of PBX-1 "8", trunk group
number "02" (TRG2), Idle Line Access number of PBX-2 "9", and telephone number "211-
4567".
? 2.8.9 [2-6-1] Numbering Plan—Main—Features—Trunk Group Access
2. PBX-1 sends the call to PBX-2 through the trunk group (TRG) 2 (TIE line).
3. PBX-2 sends the call to the outside party "211-4567".

Instructions ends.

Regards

Paul

You need to look in index in feature guide for
private network features theres 50 pages in my book that explains all different scenarios and the crux is if you
set the system up properly to mode b you dial a 7 and a 3 digit pbx access code and you are on switch b's intercom dialtone at that point you can dial away ext,icd,paging trunk acesss etc .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back