Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tie AP Freight Invoices to Related Sales Orders

Status
Not open for further replies.

piewhizkid

Technical User
Oct 31, 2007
US
New member to Tek-Tips.

Currently using MAS-90 v 3.72.

Our company invoices our customers for items shipped. We received Freight Invoices weeks after the actual shipment.

Does anyone know a way to relate these freight invoices back to the specific sales orders they are related to? I was thinking of JOB Numbers, but I'm not clear as to how these JOB Numbers actually work or what they should be used for.

Any help/information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

As far as I know, MAS 90 didn't go to 3.72 unless you are using an enhancement. Are you sure you have the right version number?

You could create a UDF on the A/P invoice detail and create a report that links the two together.

Dawn

I'm almost certain that we're not on the SQL Version. Is there an area in the MAS-90 menus where I can go to verify this information?

Normal MAS stopped at v3.71 and then went to v4.0. The SQL version did go to v3.72. You should ask your reseller.

Plus you need a better definition of what you are trying to do.

What I'm trying to do is as follows:

We sell to customer XYZ on invoice 123

We get a freight invoice from Trucking Company A relating to invoice 123.

When we post the invoice from Trucking Company A, we're looking to create a field where we can reference that the invoice from the trucking company relates to Customer XYZ's invoice.

DFELLER suggested creating a User Defined Field, but I'm not sure how we could go about creating a UDF.

I hope this clarifies what we are trying do.

Thank you for your help.

You can find your version under Library Master. Check the Installed Applications Report.

Do you have Custom Office?

Dawn

Dawn would probably agree with this question, why aren't you working with your reseller on this?

Once an invoice is posted you could do a debit memo and add either the PRO number or invoice number to the comment field on the header.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back