Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ti4200 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
May 1, 2001
GB
hi guys just a quickie.............

bought just this card (very cheap)

but when i bought it, it was advertised as 4x AGP but getting it and looking at the box it say 8x/4/2/1x with fast writes and agp texturing support.

Now i think this aint a problem but is this card compatible with my old computer which is only 4x agp compatible?

thanks for any replies

oh forgot to mention the motherboard in question is a gigabyte GA-7ZXE with is 4x agp 2.0

Yeh! no problems, it will just work at 4x instead of 8x
The 4200Ti is a legend in it's own lifetime, something of a giant killer and even now, more powerful than many of the newer midrange cards (FX5600/ATI9600) that were supposed to replace it.
It's just that it lacks DX9 compatibility to get the subtle effects from the newest games releases.
Martin

Replying helps further our knowledge, without comment leaves us wondering.

thanks alot, i kinda knew it would be ok just had that little bit of boubt i needed reasuring on.

i actually ordered a 4x version but they sent me this better and more expensive card by accident (they put wrong sticker on it) and looks as tho im only gonna pay 44 quid plus vat lol

just glad i can use it :)

thanks agian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back