Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Thunderbird difficulties

Status
Not open for further replies.

philrock

Programmer
Jan 29, 2004
US
I have been using Thunderbird for many years and have been very happy with it except for the last year or so.

I have 2 computers, a 32-bit desktop at work, and a relatively new Dell 64-bit laptop. Both have Win 7 Pro. I installed Thunderbird version 2.0.0.23 (20090812) on the laptop. This is the same version that was working fine on the 32-bit desktop. I used exactly the same login parameters as on the 32-bit machine. I could not get Thunderbird to work right on the new machine on all my email accounts. I upgraded the laptop to a much later version of Tbird (perhaps 52.6.0) with no improvement. Even on the one account that works, Tbird messes with fonts to an extent that makes it nearly unusable. I took the machine to a very competent computer repair shop, and they were not able to fix things. On the 32-bit machine, Tbird has started frequently giving warnings something like ...can't connect securely to website-archive mozilla.org.... I've given up on Thunderbird. Two questions:

1. Has anyone else had these kinds of problems with Thunderbird?

2. What's the best email client alternative to Thunderbird?

My suggestion for mail clients can be found in these two threads.

thread1726-1752232

thread605-1763335

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.

Never mind this jesus character, stars had to die for me to live.

Now added as a FAQ.

faq605-7932

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.

Never mind this jesus character, stars had to die for me to live.

Thanks very much ChrisHirst, this helps a lot

Frog wisdom - time sure is fun when you're having flies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back