Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Thumbnails in me ! 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Long

IS-IT--Management
Jul 2, 2000
US
Os-windows ME
Problem: thumbnails for jpgs dont work
cause: Uninstalled paint shop pro which was associated to jpgs.

tryed resetting associations to IE, Photo shop, Windows Imaging ect. files open fine but i can't get thubnails!!

I even re installed paint shop pro and it did not work.

i found that if i change any graphic association the thumbnail for that assocation will no longer work --gif,bmp ect....

so let your brain chew on this one!!

THERE's a program called thumbs plus 4 or something like that u can look it for and install it in your computer this can cause two things fix your problem or solve it using this program. Try it

You can fix it in the registry yourself. (As always, when updating the registry, it's prudent to back it up first.)

Copy the following file into notepad:
--------------------------------
REGEDIT4

;; When Explorer stops displaying thumbnails for JPEG images, this will fix the problem.

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.jpg\ShellEx\{BB2E617C-0920-11d1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}]
@="{7376D660-C583-11d0-A3A5-00C04FD706EC}"
----------------------------------
Save it as "FixThumb.reg". Then just double-click on it. Presto! Your thumbnails are back.
Rick Sprague

Been going crazy trying to figure out how to get my thumbnails back in WinMe, thanks to RickSpr I was able to do it! Many Thanks!!!

What happened to the audio and video preview we had with 98 and 2000? You used to be able to play clips in the explorer window and now it's only images.

Am I missing something?

Scrub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back