Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

thumbnail preview on hover

Status
Not open for further replies.

gagz

Programmer
Nov 21, 2002
US
Hi-

Here's what I'm trying to do:

I have a list of links. When a user hovers over the link, I want a thumbnail to pop up to preview the picture behind the link. Any suggestions?

Thanks

This would be a javascript question, that is probably the best forum in which to ask this question

<.

This would be a javascript question
not quite true, image pop-up onhover can be achieved purely with CSS these days ;-)

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you.

The hover-image-gallery looks perfect... the only issue is I can't get his list items to look like a list! I keep trying to change:

display: inline;

to

display: list-item;

but nothing is working... anyone ever looked at his css?

You can't change properties to something you think you would like to see there. You need to use the predefined values. If you want every list item in a new row, then try:
Code:
display: block;
Other than that, I see nothing strange in the CSS for the hoverbox image gallery.

I'm not sure what you mean by "You can't change properties to something you think you would like to see there."

However, i've tried changing display to anything... block, inline, list-item, table.... nothing is changing how they are laid out...

I don't know why you are dealing with how that person's list looks if all you want is the hover effect (which has nothing to do with the list in the first place). If you do not want to have the list as it is, try removing the float: left and display: inline from its properties and see it expand into a more normal list.

This is a few days old, but do you want to see the bullets??

<.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back