Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Thru-Dial working with DSC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddickenson

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2009
US
I have a new system that I've connected to our CS1000 with TIE trunk. We have had an autoattendant running with the ability to thru-dial any extension while the message is playing. I've recently started transitioning some of these numbers over to the new switch. Since they share the same DN ranges I've had to put in Distant Steering Codes into the original switch to route these calls to those sets over to the new switch. This all works well with regular set to set calling but I've been notified that our thru-dial isn't working with any of the 20 or so numbers that I've changed from sets to steering codes. Is there something else I need to do with my call pilot to allow it to use DSC? These are the same numbers that worked prior to adding this new switch so they have worked with the restriction list in callpilot prior to being outed and made into steering codes.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm missing? Surely there's a way to thru-dial anything that you could dial from a regular phone set right?

Almost forgot, switch is Rls 4.5 and CP is 4.0

Check that the NCOS and TGAR on the CallPilot channels allow calls over the tie lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back