Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Throughput Scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHWS

Technical User
Nov 25, 2003
US
I was wondering if anyone has any homegrown or know of any Veritas commands to get the current throughput of all active backups? What I want to do is get a snapshot of all of the throughput for the active jobs and if the throughput for one job is below let's say 2000Kps then have the system page me. I can no longer rely on the operators to monitor the activity monitor reliably. Had a bad tape last night and got bit. Any help is appreciated!

You can check the speed after the backup has finished with the bperror command but to monitor the backup you'll need to read bptm log and search for Kbytes/sec

Hi OHWS
How about the UNIX command
iostat -nxcp 2 |grep rmt

Thanks for the responses! I am going to perform some testing with this and HP-ITO OPC messaging and see if it is reliable. The big problem I see is that from time to time the activity monitor in veritas does not report throughput accurately!! Sincerely, OHioWeatherSucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back