Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Three problems with 2000 IPS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill32179

MIS
Jan 3, 2008
US
We are experiencing several problems with our NEC 2000 IPS. Our phone vendor thinks that we could possibly have a corrupted CPU but I'd like to hear if anyone else has any ideas.

First Issue: Most of our phones are members of our Call Center which is running NEC's Call Center WorX 3.1.10. For some reason the word "VACANT" or "READY" will disappear on agent phones for no reason whatsoever. The only way to get them back is to change the state the phone is currently in. IE: Go into Break mode, Work mode, log out and back on ect... The problem is that this keeps happening at different times and for different extensions (although the date and time never disappear from non ACD phones).

Second Issue: We just added two PRI's to our switch with caller ID. When an agent in the call center receives a call, one of two things will happen. The LCD will display PRI1 and the ANI of the incoming call, or it will display the split/pilot name of the incoming call. We need the LCD display to show the split/pilot name every time so our agents can see what account is calling. Is there a way to have both the ANI and split name appear every time a call comes in? (We previously had a T1 for inbound calls which we disconnected and added the 2 PRI's. We have 12 CO lines which we use for outbound only calls).

Third Issue: We have an 8 port extension card in our second PIM (first slot on the left) that has two vacant extensions (LED's on card is flashing). When we try to program a station on this card the LED goes off, the phone connected to that LEN will display the date and time but we cannot get a dial tone. I made sure to program the prime line on a button (which turns green when off hook) but we only get static. I should also mention that we had extensions programmed and working on these LEN's before.

I apologize for the long post, but I wanted to give as much information as possible. I appreciate any help or suggestions that may be provided.

My first suggestion is to go to select the documentation link, then look for the CallCenterWorX ACD features and specs manual. If you have a documentation CD than search that. You do not need a log on ID. Download it then refer to the feature "connection displays" It will tell you how to modify each agents' display to show among other things incoming ANI. Each station will need a tally button to perform the modification to the display.
Second, I would stop the ACD services then restart them. This might clear out the Vacant/Ready situation. If not, then (a little more drastic), turn off the PBX and reseat the CPU. Sometimes a weak or dirty connection to the back plane results in strange behavior.
The third issue is a little more puzzeling, however make sure you assigned the prime line in CMD 93. If it's an agent phone, then the prime line should be the ACD line and it should be line suppressed. Meaning when you go off hook you do not get dial tone until you press a line key. It's designed for incoming and not outgoing call traffic.

Belevedere is right on for all three, but if I might chime in on number 3...I would connect the station right at the MDF or tail coming out of the system to eliminate any wiring issues, be it cabling, cross connects, or bad jacks. Since you stated that you had ext's working on these LEN's before it seems to me it would be a wiring issue. If the phone does not work when connected directly to the tail from the system try reseting the card and if that doesn't work then swap 8DLC's to see if the card maybe has two bad ports. The only time I've seen this issue is when someone splits pairs to the phone, meaning that what should be (as an example) R/OR OR/R on the tail to the phone is actually BL/R R/OR. So your getting half of the data from one port and half from another. Does that even make sense? It kind of confuses me when I read it!! Well good luck and let us know what the problem was if you find it.

Don't have anything to do with callcentreworx so can't comment on issues 1 & 2 but number 3 sounds like time slot problems. Check Command F70 de Len No de if you see any "none"s then you are at capacity on the system with respect to time slots (some cards take more time slots than physical slots).

Just a quick point. if it does turn out to be a timeslot problem you should deprogramme the problem slots because when the system gets reset (say an unexpected power outage over the weekend) the system reassigns the time slots and you end up with a wandering fault. Each time there is a reset different slots go dead and previously dead ones come to life!

The display issue is most likely 411>11>01.
With this set the Dterm Display gives priority to PBX display information. That is when you log in the OAI connection (ACD) has control of the display and shows "vacant" "work" etc. If a call comes into that phone, other than an ACD call, PBX display info (caller ID, calling stations name) has priority and replaces the ACD information. When that call is completed the PBX information will go away but the ACD will not refresh the display again until the agent does something like go off hook.
Hope this explains it. At least this is what it sounds like.

I would like to thank everyone for all of the valuable input. I'm happy to report in this update that pave35's solution resolved issues #1 and #2. Thank you very much for your posting.

At this time I am now looking into our third issue and will report back when there's an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back