Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

three KX-TDE100 into one network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Histeresis

IS-IT--Management
Jun 24, 2008
AZ
Hi all,
I'm new to this technology but could you please help me with the following scheme attached.
I need to connect 2 branch offices with the main office into one phone network using KX-TDE100 PBXs over IP.
I would appreciate if you can give any ideas or internet resources where I can find solution for this task.

It will depend on the amount of channels you are using and the codex you are on
G711 will use about 70-80 k and G729 will use about 40k but G 729 uses compression and will limit the amount of channels you can use on the dsp cards

You will also need a multi VPN setup to each site

Note: bandwidth Is just a guide

OTB you seem like the one to ask, I have 3 TDE 600's connected via VOIP with 32 channels in each (expect high volume) and when connected or transferred though one system to another my voice quality becomes questionable and i also seem to time out at exactly 5 minutes? Any ideas? We are connected directly on there existing network (using metro Ethernet from lightpath with lots of bandwidth)

thank you in advance?

what are you using G711 or G729? and do you have qos on routers
what dsp card do you have

As for timing out, check class of service on trunk group the gateway cards are on for co-co limit, set to none

good morning OBT

G729a and no routers as they are using Sonicwall Firewalls with QOS

dsp 64 with the additional 16 licenses

the only thing i found in trg grp settings (3.1.1) is co to co duration time set for 10 min as is ext-co (default) but i am timing out at 5 min???

are they all on the one network or do you have vpn in place between sites.

The quality of voice will be poorer with G729a as it is compressed to about 8k of voice, depends on sampling but 20ms will cost about 40k bandwidth per channel
if you could afford to use the G711 using 20ms it will have about 80k per channel. you have 32 channels on each system, so over all max calls at one time accross the network would be 32 calls @ 80k each = 2.560 meg.

as for 5 min timer, I will look into that, but I dont know a 5 min timer on the system, do you get a beep to warn of the call about to drop

Hey OBT

I'm not sure where your from and are familiar with Metro Ethernet but here on Long Island it gives us a full 100 meg so we have lots and lots of bandwidth so my next question would be which settings do I change for the G711?

And everything is on one VPN, meaning their data and the phones. This was easier as they also have a call center in one of there sites using Poltys call center software.

As to a beep, no beep or any indication that the call will drop.

Again Thank you so very much with your help!!!!!!!

Hello CWC3,

Not sure what Comca is?

Here in Long Island, and New York our cable company (Cablevision) supplies a service of a direct (fiber) Ethernet pipe up to 1000 mb to which they will pull out T1's for voice service as requested for a flat rate! Best explanation is
Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back