Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Threatscan_2500 is not supported on this platform???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2003
US
I have installed Threatscan 2.5 to ePO3.0.1 and have the agent on a test desktop. I cannot get the tasks to update. It keeps giving me an TScan_2500 is not supported on this platform (WXPW:5:1:1). Form what all I read it is supported...

hmmmm, let me rephrase. I was led to believe that TS 2.5 was compatable with XP? If not what is?

I'm hitting the same problem.

I was originally getting this:
Code:
Script	26/02/2004	10:55:34	Info	Product Conflict: TSCAN___2500 will not be installed.

Now I'm getting this:
Code:
Script	26/02/2004	11:09:07	Info	TSCAN___2500 is not supported on this platform (WXPW:5:1:1).

I'll post it up if I find out anything useful. :)

Yeah, that's how it looks - that's not what I've been told though.

Perhaps I got a(nother) useless tech. :eek:/

Looks like I did get a useless tech.

ThreatScan Agent Requirements:

Microsoft® Windows® NT4.0 with SP 4 or higher.

Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Server or Advanced Server with SP1.

I tried it on one of the Win2k servers and it's working fine.

Hey Guys.

I actually have a NAI SE here right now working with me on threat scan. I was getting the same error. The threat scan console should not be installed on a machine that has the EPO server or EPO console installed. I deployed to a machine that did not have the console (win2k) and it worked. Im not sure about the windows XP conflict. Slurpee did the machien you tried to install threatscan on have the EPO console. We have the product up and its pretty nifty. Now Im off to try and figure out System Compliance Profiler.

-Addus

Wrong, I have installed on ePO server/console (W2K) and it works fine. Can he validate that? The install doc specifcally says so...Threatscan is bringing back correct data so far... Looking at System Compliance on my XP boxes though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back