Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ThreadAbortException when redirecting to a new page ...??

Status
Not open for further replies.

chix001

IS-IT--Management
Oct 24, 2001
US
Hi,

I have a webform which contains a datagrid, label, and a linkbutton. When the link button is clicked, the datagrid's datasource and the label's text are put into session and then I redirect to a new webform.

Each time I do this, I receive the following error message:
"System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal()
at System.Threading.Thread.Abort()
at System.Threading.Thread.Abort(Object stateInfo)
at System.Web.HttpResponse.End()
at System.Web.HttpResponse.Redirect(String url, Boolean endResponse)
at System.Web.HttpResponse.Redirect(String url)
at DVS.frmDemandByCustomer.lbtnPrinterFriendly_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\ 180" String

I have redirect stmts on other webforms without receiving this error. I can't find what I'm doing wrong/differently.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
CHIX001

Nevermind - I finally found a MS article (thanks Google for having a WAY better search engine than microsoft.com) and found that my problem was that I was using Response.Redirect(sitename) instead of Response.Redirect(sitename,false).

Here's the link if you'd like to know more:

Something about doubly calling Response.End..

Thanks anyways,
CHIX001

Hi CHIX001

I was also getting the same error.. your suggested link sloved my problem thanks for submiting the link.
Priyesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back