Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

This recordset is not updatable

Status
Not open for further replies.

PleaseGiveHelp

Programmer
Oct 29, 2002
US
I need help. Instead of creating fresh tables in my access database, I linked to existing SQL2000 tables. All seemed to be fine until I opened up a form and attempted to edit the data. It didn't let me and I saw the message 'This recordset is not updatable' on my status bar. Why is not updatable? How can I change this?
Help!

Is the record source for your form a table or a query?

Attitudes are contagious

The recordsource is a query because I am using a parameter field.

If you are linking tables together in a query, and if you are showing "Totals" in the QBE grid while building your query, then you may not be able to update any of the query output. Could you please post the SQL?

Attitudes are contagious

I'm not showing any totals. This is my query:

SELECT dbo_account.disabled, dbo_account.account_id, dbo_account.account_level_code, dbo_account.short_name, dbo_account.user_field_1, dbo_account.user_field_2, dbo_account.user_field_3, dbo_account.user_field_5, dbo_account.user_field_6, dbo_account.user_field_7, dbo_account.user_field_8, dbo_account.source_system_id, dbo_account.short_term_gainloss, dbo_account.med_term_gainloss, dbo_account.long_term_gainloss, dbo_account.name_1, dbo_account.client_account_id, dbo_account.rounding_quantity, dbo_account.error_tracking
FROM dbo_account
WHERE (((dbo_account.name_1) Like [Type in account or * for all]+'*'));

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back