Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

This query is duplicated in another

Status
Not open for further replies.

aexley

Technical User
Jul 9, 2001
GB
This query is duplicated in another forum.

I have a text box that is sourced to a field (through a query) whose 'Field Size' property is 100 characters.

My problem is if I enter data than is longer than 50 characters on the form I get a 'The field is too small to accept the amount of data...blah blah blah' error message.

Why is it doing this and what can I do to stop it? It doesn't change the data and doesn't actually stop me putting these longer entries in but it is annoying and will produce confusion amongst my users.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Qutoe for the day: 'Give me peace, love and harmony. Failing that chocolate and a roadrunner video.

Hi,
aexley

Check if the properties of the input box allow you to enter a string upto 100 characters.

If you have any queries give me a shout.

HoleInTheFoot

I may be missing the obvious here but I checked the text box properties and I can't see one that is related the length of string or number of characters.

Which property is it?

Thanks,

aexley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back