Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

This project is damaged...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwil22

Technical User
Apr 19, 2004
US
Using Quark 6.1 on MAC Panther.

Words everyone hates to hear... "This project is damaged and cannot be fixed. Try dragging pages to a new project to recover them." Then my options are Open Project Anyway or Cancel. Anyone know what to do with this? or am I just wasting my time and might as well start over?

Also anyone know how to prevent this in the future, this was the second time this has happened from the same document information after starting with a new project, my style sheets got buggy right beforehand... any word on style sheet issues in 6.1?

Thanks!

I had that happen yesterday.
The file I was working on, The backup file, and the archive file.
As luck would have it I found a file which I had saved in a different location, which was ok to use.
So to answer you question...you have to start again

Marcus

I have had this happen numerous times! I have called Quark, no help. I've narrowed it down to the find/change feature in Quark 6.1. Whenever I do a find/change and assign a style sheet it damages my document. I tried the same thing without assigning a style sheet and the document was fine. I saved and closed after each find/change. My style sheets were buggy too when I first opened my document, which by the way, was a 4.11 native template. Any thoughts?

UPDATE

I did hear back from Quark. They were able to replicate the find/change problem and it is open for development (to be fixed). This is what I was told about 6.5 opening the corrupted files:

"In both cases, the files open in QuarkXPress 6.5 with a message stating the the project needs minor repairs, and you must press the "Repair it" button to open them.

So, the good news is that QuarkXPress 6.5 will most likely be able to repair these corrupt files (albeit with some possible styling information loss), the bad news is that the actual issue isn't really fixed (using find/change
style sheets will still produce files that need repairs)."

I just stay away from the attributes and have been fine. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back