Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

This one's new to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voyager1

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2000
US
Anybody ever run into a case where changes made to a user's registry settings, made due to a MetaFrame session, are left behind after logoff? I probably didn't ask that well:

A user establishes a session to a published application. The server drives have been remapped to M: and N:. After the user logs off, there are still keys in HKEY_CURRENT_USER that are pointing to the remapped drives (M: and N:), and the client's workstation is still trying to point to the printer sepcified in the MetaFrame session.

Seen this before? Any ideas?
- Bill

"You can get anything you want out of life, if you'll just help enough other people get what they want" - Zig Ziglar

You are suppose to create seperate profiles for the terminal server. You use the Terminal server Profile path to specify where they get their Terminal server profile and the User Profile path for their regular domain environment

This much I know. What I'm saying here is that the TS profile settings are being retained by the client after the session has terminated. Doesn't seem to matter if it's logged off or disconnected.

NT Profiles are kept separately - this is SOP.

Thanks - any other ideas? :cool: - Bill

"You can get anything you want out of life, if you'll just help enough other people get what they want" - Zig Ziglar

Okay for clarification. Are you saying that if the user changes a setting it remains changed? Or are you saying that that the user logs off and back on and all of the windows from the previous session would be open?

No, I'm probably not communicating this well...

A user runs a Citrix session. Within that session, he is mapped to the M: and N: drives, which are the local drives on the Citrix server (remapped). The user is also connected to a default printer, again within the MetaFrame session.

The user then logs off the MetaFrame session, closing the session window. Everything from the MetaFrame session is gone, including the Citrix Connection Center in the SysTray.

The user then tries to do something on their local desktop, and the system is still trying to find an M: or N: drive; but they went away when the session was closed. The settings for drives, printers, etc. that were valid in the MetaFrame session are now carried into the local OS whereas they should have gone away when the session was closed...

Maybe that was clearer...??? - Bill

Yes, all in the same one... - Bill

Try changing the desktop back ground in the citrix session and then logout of the citrix session and off the desktop then log back in and see if the background changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back