Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

This is going to sound like an idio

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeanDog

Programmer
Jul 15, 2000
US
This is going to sound like an idiotic question, but hear me out.

I want to be able to get to my Yahoo! mail without going through Yahoo!'s login screen. So I viewed the source for the login page, stripped the names of all the <input>s, hidden and no, and concatenated them all into a querystring that I tacked onto the form's action, like so:

.intl='us'&amp;.bypass=''&amp;.partner=''&amp;.u='abcrbaot80soh'&amp;
.v='0'&amp;hasMsgr=0&amp;.chkP='Y'&amp;.done='http:\\mail.yahoo.com'&amp;
login='**USERNAME**'&amp;passwd='**USERPASSWORD**'&amp;
.persistent='Y'&amp;'Sign In'

Except that I put in MY name and password. I have successfully done this already for Hotmail and CompuServe mail on the web. This gives me an invalid password error although my password is correct. Any REAL experts out there know how to make this work without using POP3?

Is this the wrong place to ask this?

~BenDilts( void );
benbeandogdilts@cs.com
Long-time BASIC game programmer, Internet programmer and C++/DirectX of late.

Hi

Probably the answer lies in the method of the form:

Only <form method=&quot;GET&quot;> produces a query-string like yours. The <form method=&quot;POST&quot;> works different.

Often the cgis don't even check, wether a form has GET or POST, coz you'll get the data anyway. But yahoo seems to insist on that POST-ing...

So what you could try - though it's a bit of a mess:

Create a html-page with the form, include all hidden inputs with appropriate names &amp; values and make hidden inputs of username and pass also. leave the submit button for the moment.

so, if this works, you can insert into the body-tag
<body [...] onload=&quot;document.fm.Submit()&quot;>

Save that document locally and create a shortcut to this local document.

greets. luky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back