Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

This Is A Weird Report Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gator9

Technical User
May 17, 2002
US
The code below was working just as it should until I streamlined the database and updated with more stability. All of the fields that are need to run this report is available. The code is the control source for a financial report sent to the clients. Union query is need so that we can get all data from active records and archived records.

My problem now is that the report is showing records from one field in a totally different field, but when I go into the table to check to make sure that the data is in the correct field, it is. Now if you get rid of the union query it shows the data correctly. Any idea?

SELECT DISTINCTROW Projects.*, Mid([ProjectName],InStr([ProjectName]," ")+1) & ", " & Left([ProjectName],InStr([ProjectName]," ")-1) as LstFrst
FROM Projects WHERE (((Projects.ClientID)=forms!Clients![ClientID])); UNION SELECT DISTINCTROW aProjects.*, Mid([ProjectName],InStr([ProjectName]," ")+1) & ", " & Left([ProjectName],InStr([ProjectName]," ")-1) as LstFrst FROM aProjects WHERE (((aProjects.ClientID)=forms!Clients![ClientID]));

Sincerely,

Charles

Is the table structure of Projects strictly the same as aProjects ?
Furthermore I don't think the semicolon (;) before UNION is necessary.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Rather than using * to list all the fields in the query, specifically name them to ensure that they are displayed in the same order.

HTH
Lightning

Thanks Lighting that is what the problem was, I guess it neeeded to know the exact order. What puzzles me is why it worked before.

Here is the correct code for anyone that needs example:

SELECT DISTINCTROW Projects.ProjectID, DebtorPaid, TotalPaidToClient, TotalPlus, Mid([ProjectName],InStr([ProjectName]," ")+1) & ", " & Left([ProjectName],InStr([ProjectName]," ")-1) as LstFrst
FROM Projects WHERE (((Projects.ClientID)=forms!Clients![ClientID])) UNION SELECT DISTINCTROW aProjects.ProjectID, DebtorPaid, TotalPaidToClient, TotalPlus, Mid([ProjectName],InStr([ProjectName]," ")+1) & ", " & Left([ProjectName],InStr([ProjectName]," ")-1) as LstFrst FROM aProjects WHERE (((aProjects.ClientID)=forms!Clients![ClientID]));

Sincerely,

Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back