Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

This Forum 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking at a number of other forums here and around the web over time and the one thing I notice is that a number of questions go unanswered in those other forums especially in forums concerning topics other that Visual Foxpro (i.e. Visual Basic). I hardly ever see that happen here...someone usually responds to everything, even if it is to just say "I don't have a clue!". So here's to this particular forum and to the Foxpro community at large! :)

(Sorry this isn't a true Book/Article Review...more of a Forum Review) Slighthaze = NULL

I can only agree with all the good words which were said about this VFP-forum.
Meanwhile I have resigned from my work in cost accounting, but I still remember the good impression I always had when I was "swimming" in a problem.
As I live in Germany and due to the time-lag the situation was often so, that all the good advices came over night to me - and although my English is school-knowledge only I never had problems with simple questions - they were always answered in a very nice manner - and up to now I have been very grateful about this.

Now Foxpro is just a Hobby for me, but to keep my brain busy I think I will more often come back to this site, although I am not a professional - but have a lot of fun here...

Thx to all of you.

Klaus

Peace worldwide - it starts here...

I have never posted yet. But every question or call for help gets answered. I am about ready to give vb the boot after 10 years. I just do desktop applications and I think vfp 9 is the way to go. This forum has assurd me help is theree, and there are a lot of books out thier on foxpro. But this is one nice forum.

Regards
John

John
I am about ready to give vb the boot after 10 years

Just keep it near by, being bilingual ;-) has its advantages.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.

Hi,

Last year for some reason tek-tips.com could not be used in the Netherlands (checked on many systems).

I missed you all!

Glad everything is back to normal now.

Regards, Gerrit

Hi Gerrit,

I don't know who your provider is, but the only problems I have had last year with tek-tips is on the evenings when Amerika is online, and sometimes tek-tips was/is so slow that I page won't make it. But the rest of the time I haven't had any problems. Using chello, euronet, wanadoo and other providers.

To the forum I would like to say, I'm rearly posting replies because most of the time someone was faster to reply to an question I knew. And I rearly need to post questions because 99% of the questions can be found with the search, and if I need to ask a question, I always got helped very fast and good THANKSSSSSS!!!! And I'm learning a lot by just reading the posts of the gurus.

Thanks guys,

Charl

Gerrit,

I am afraid you have look at your provider since I did not have any problem at all last year. Nevermind, it seems it is solved now, glad you are back.

Koen

I had similar problem as Gerrit in last year (my home is Czech Republic). It wasn't possible to access tek-tips forum from my machine. It wasn't possible to login as usual user, it wasn't possible register as a new user, and so on.
In such case there is no help at all. There is very difficult to find some administrators contacts on tek-tips site. I wrote more times about my problem to the mail addresses I have found here, but with no response at all.
Now I have access from other place&computer as a new user, that works well again, without problems.
Mirek

Here is another item about the VFP community that goes beyond this forum. Last week I attended a "free" dotnet training session. One of the students at a local college took the time to organize it and conduct the training, and about 75 people attended.

I was sitting in the back. I gave the instructor a round of applause when he completed his training and people turned and looked at me as if I had two heads.

I am a member of a couple different VFP user groups and I have attended many conferences. We always take a moment to thank the instructor for their time.

The instructors are rarely paid, and devote a lot of time to helping others. I find it surprising other groups do not openly thank their speakers for their efforts.

Jim Osieczonek
Delta Business Group, LLC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back