Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

this.form.submit() not working with Navigator

Status
Not open for further replies.

jruiseco

Programmer
Oct 10, 2001
US
I am posting to a page that does a bunch of processing and at the end submits automatically with the following:

<script language=&quot;javascript&quot;>window.document.AuthForm.submit()</script>

This script does not work in Mozilla, build 2002053012, however. Is there anything special I need to know here?

No luck...

doesn't auto-submit if I use document.AuthForm.submit()...

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks...

Sorry, I can't duplicate the error.

I have this as my test HTML page:
Code:
<html>
	<body>
		<form name=test_form method=post action=test_autosubmit.php>
			<input type=text name=foo>
		</form>
	</body>
	<script>
		document.test_form.foo.value = 3;
		document.test_form.submit()
	</script>
</html>

The CGI to which it submits, test_autosubmit.php reads as follows:
Code:
<?php

print '<pre>';
print_r ($_POST);
print '</pre>';

?>

(If you don't know PHP, this just prints out all form values sent by the POST method).

This HTML JavaScript code works with Opera 6.05, IE 6.0.2600.0000, Mozilla 1.1, Netscape 4.79, and Netscape 6.2 ______________________________________________________________________
TANSTAAFL!

sleipnir214,

Thanks for your help.

I am coding in ColdFusion. The page that I am forwarding from is an included file that was not wrapped in proper html start and end tags. Apparently Netscape did not like that. I fixed it and it works now...

Thanks again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back