Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Third party source for Squirrel parts, terminals, and supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsgw

IS-IT--Management
Apr 23, 2003
US
I am looking for a third party that supplies for parts and terminals. I need some rs422 cards for the host converter and may need an additional terminal.

Thanks,

Several options available

Technically ... all the Squirrel hardware is custom manufactured at their Vancouver head office

Such as the opto-isolation modules (rs232 or rs422 cards) are only made there, they don't exist outside of Squirrel

The only place to purchase the hardware would be through one of the direct offices (Atlanta, San Fran, Vancouver, Long Beach, or Chicago)
or through one of their many business partners across the globe

You may want to check restaurant auctions; just attended one where 4 terminals went for $500 total. Unfortunately the server and power convertor were stolen but believe could have picked up whole system for $1000.

I have in my garage in Flagstaff, a Squirrel V POS system. I took it out of the boxes today to see what was there. This is off corporate lease and I know nothing about POS. It includes a P2 350 computer and monitor, two touch screens, four what looks like receipt printers with 2 boxes of ribbons, a power conversion box, six power supplies and a ton of connecting cables. I fired up the computer and it has Windows NT workstation and a DOS based Squirrel software program. All appears to be very clean and in excellent condition. I have it on a sort of consignment and have no idea what it is worth. I don't even know how I got here.

It looks like one on the 422 boards is bad and possibly one of the terminals. I have no manuals and am flying blind. The resturant that bought the system had no idea what they were getting and the person who sold them the system is missing.

I have more questions. How do I change the name of the restaurant and change the taxes?

Thanks
Glenn

Glenn,

I had several bad modules and the main board bad in my power convertor panel. I took to the local Squirrel rep and they repaired for $130. A few diodes were burned out. This was in the Seattle area.

Try checking with your local dealer to see if they can assist to repair the equipment. If not you can consider sending to the Seattle rep for repair. I can send details to you.

I also found a free lance Squirrel guy who can program and set up systems. I am also trying to get the system up and face similar problems.

Regards - Frank

Verbatum!

Please leave some contact information for outside the fourm to enquire about the system in your garage.

Thanks!

Back to johns site name question

You change it through the hidden config | Major POS options 1

That will change it on the checks

However you must use the sqbrand exe to change the name at the top of the program driver / any modules

Oh forgot the taxes ... that is also in the hidden config under tax setup

You specify the taxcode .. 1 - 10, wht the percentage tax is for each department. Then you apply that tax code through the maintain menu file to each item

HI Verbatum,

I am looking to buy a power supply for the Squirrel V terminal. I also might be in the market for a couple more terminals too.
Let me know how much you want for a power supply.

Dave
lindavid@hotmail.com

I have purchased a 2050 Squirrel system and am looking for a program to run the system and also need to know if any p3 computer would work with the system.If you could help , many thanks

Richard

Richard,

You will need to get the Squirrel POS program, which you will have to get from a dealer. You MAY be able to get it for just the cost of an annual software maintenance contract.

You can run Squirrel on NT4.0 WS, or on XP Professional. You DEFINITELY want to go with XP, because the device drivers for NT will drive you crazy.

My dealer is Mark Bianchi, at (520) 881-6588. He's a great guy.

Good Luck!

Carter

Hi I am looking for Technical Manual for Squirrel POS systems running on WinNT. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back