Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Third-party softphone to TDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSnow01

Vendor
Oct 3, 2011
US
Hello, has anyone out there used the Bria (or X-Lite) from Counterpath as a remote SIP extension on the iPhone or Android. Just looking for some guidance on how to get started setting that up (ports on firewall to open, etc.) Thanks!

I have used a sip phone on the Iphone, but for external access you would need to have a VPN running on the iphone to the office router. have not got it to work reliably with out it

OBT is right, the laptop would have to be connected to the office VPN first - otherwise the far end router would likely drop the UDP voice packets.

Try setting it up on the local network first, then try the remote stuff.

-----------------------------------
Telephone & computer wiring/Cat 5E/Cat 6/Fibre Optic cabling in Calgary, AB

I have 3CX softphone on my HTC, it works OK connecting locally in the office to my Asterisk system but here in the UK most mobile providers block the SIP ports on 3G so you need to set up a VPN on your mobile phone to get it working outside of the LAN. You get it from here:

Hope this helps.

Del

Thanks everyone for the guidance. We now have a working VPN in to this network. When I login with my android using Cisco Anyconnect client I can place calls and I'm sending audio but don't receive audio on the remote phone. Is this a router issue or app issue? I've tried all the NAT traversal strategy combinations that are suggested on Counterpath's website.
Any thoughts?

if you have a vpn setup, set it as if connected localy, local system ip address and no nat

Forgive my ignorance, but what settings should I be using for no NAT? Is this where STUN and ICE figure in?

there should be nothing in the box for nat, stun settings if you have a vpm setup

I don't see a check box specifically for NAT. Where might that be?

In TDE/TDA:
1. Make sure you have enough SIP Extension licences in the MPR
2. Add the V-SIPEXT card, configure ext's and passwords

In X-lite (account tab):
'Name' as anything
'protocol' as SIP
'user id' as ext#
'domain' as MPR IP address
'password' as password in step2
'display name' as anything ("Frank")
'register with domain' ticked
'send outbound via' set to 'Domain'