Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Third party mulitcast music on hold server for Cisco Call Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

jschreiner

Vendor
Feb 27, 2012
US
Does anyone know of a third party multicast music server or application that I can use with Cisco Call Manager?

Like setting up a shoutcast server or something and pointing the call manager at it for the MoH source.

If you want external music on hold (cisco calls it fixed MOH audio source you will need a cisco voice gateway to terminate the source to.
It can be whatever you want it to be as long as it can put out a 600ohm audio source to the voice gateway.

Here's a link for more details:

Information on the ISR requirements and how to configure is also readily available if you decide to go that route

We are sending external MOH (from a real-time satellite feed) directly into one of the USB ports on the front of our CUCM publisher (running on an IBM 7835). I was not involved in setting this feature up, but it's a very simple USB audio interface ($20.00 Radio Shack variety) connected through a small Bogen impedance-matching transformer to one of the audio output jacks on the back of a plain vanilla DirecTV D-100 receiver. Note that we pay an annual royalty fee to Sesac and a couple others, to keep the performing artists (and our legal dept) happy.

There is no other physical hardware involved. I'm sure if I looked I could find where inside the bowels of the CUCM configuration this is set up

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

That works too, but most companies these days are on virtual servers and if they are not its a matter of time before they are.
Also that is not a TAC supported way to do it. Just a heads up. As I said it works under certain conditions.

I was hoping to find something like a multicast server that would just play in loops a wav file.

I don't really want an external source just a wav file on a server would be fine. I know you can turn your cucm into a multicast server, but its kind of an overkill to have to buy a license for an extra Call Manager Server instance if all you are doing with it is playing wav files.

My server is a virtual server running on a UCS server.

MOH can run on one or all call manager servers, it's a native service and it does exactly what you described. Even if you decided to dedicate a subscriber server as an MOH server (don't know why), no addtl licensing is required assuming you are running the latest versions of CUCM. Make you call manager the MOH server, add your wave file and make it play. It's exactly what is designed to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back