Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Thin Clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

mufka

ISP
Dec 18, 2000
US
What thin clients are compatible with Citrix? Are there any besides the Wyse Winterms?

There are loads!

Anything that runs Windows CE (or regular versions), almost any flavour of UNIX or MAC OS can run an ICA client.

This includes Psions, Palms, and the Nokia 9210 mobile phone!

I like the NeoWare terminals, but there really are too many to list - and, as long as they run WinCE, they will do the job.

Hope this helps

Hi,

We use EIZO eClient530L. With everything build into the screen like a wise terminal. if you give me your email i can send some pictures.

greetings,
Danny

As CirixEngineer said Neoware stations are good.

We have been running then for a year now and not had many problems at all.

WindowsCE clients are faster but the OS is closed. Windows NT Thin CLients (not NT workstations running ICA clients) are terribly slugish
In a long run, I found Unix/Linux based TC are easier to handle for one reaon: you can use BootP and keep a consistent/update OS and ICA client in one boot server. DOn't need to upgrade the clients themselves. Althoulgh most of the CE TC vendors have a tool to administrate the Clients (for upgrade), NOT NEEDING to do it is much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back