Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

There MUST be a way...Please help! Subreport Troubles!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsPeppa

Programmer
Jun 27, 2001
US
I have a report with about 4 subforms. I have all the properties set to "can grow" "can shrink" = yes. The problem I am having is that if there is two or more records of information in a subform it overlaps the next subform. Is there a way to tell the subforms to move down, or for one subform to push another subform out of the way so they do not overlap. There has to be a way to do this but I'm not advanced enough to know if there is. Someone suggested only allowing the report to show a certain amount of records, but this is not feasible because all the records must be displayed in order the report has them.

Are the Section's CanShrink and CanGrow properties also set to yes? Try decreasing the spacing between subreport controls until they all touch, no white space between and no overlap.

Sorry, I'm the one who suggested you let each subform show only a limited number of records. I didn't notice these subforms were on a report (where the can grow, can shrink properties work) and not on a main form (in which case can grow and can shrink don't work).

tempclerk's advice is the way to go. The reason is that the cangrow and canshrink properties won't work right if there is overlap between controls. When there's no overlap, part of the function of these settings is precisely to "push down" controls that are lower on the report than the one that's growing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back