Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

There is no such object on the server

Status
Not open for further replies.

bard9

IS-IT--Management
Jun 26, 2001
US
Hello,

We are running one exchange enterprise server (2K) in a 2K active directory domain.

All worked well for the first three months. Now, when I try toedit or add e-mail addresses for the users, I get an error message that says "There is no such object on the server. Facility:Win32 ID no:c0072030 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension."

This happens both on the exchange server and the domain controller. We have verified DNS, and restarted the global catalogue. Exchange is otherwise still functioning fine.

I can find no additional articles on tech net to help me. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have tried that. All seems there and correct. Has anyone been able to solve this one?

I have solved this. I noticed duplicate exchange security groups. . .one standard, one followed by a UID. Checking the properties of these I realized that the ones with the UIDs were bogus left overs from an aborted Exchange attempt well over a year ago. This was obviously confusing things. After removing the bogus items, all is now well.

The only strange thing is why these showed up suddenly after three months of my current Exchange server's use. . .
I guess some Microsoft mysteries will always remin mysteries.

Thanks for the suggestion and for reading my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back