Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

There is no MetaFrame server configured on the specified subnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinNSun

MIS
Jun 13, 2003
US
I get this error message when trying to access published apps via the web client. I am coming in through an aventail system to an Nfuse gateway. I can access apps published on servers that were in place before this gateway was installed, but any server built after gives the message:
There is no MetaFrame server configured on the specified subnet
I can ping the machines from the gateway by IP and name. They are listed in the Nfuse Admin server list.

This is Metaframe XP FR2 with Nfuse17
Thanks

Let's say the internal adres on the nic of your server is 192.168.0.1
That way NFuse will work after a default installation, if your clients are running 192.168.0.x
Of course when connecting over the internet, a user at home will not get much respons from 192.168.0.1

Ok, so here we go: i asume you've enabled port 1494 for citrix traffic, and port 80 for NFuse traffic, running through your firewall's public ip to the citrix server. Whether residing on the DMZ, or the local LAN.
Now let's say, your public ip is 123.123.123.1

On the citrix server you need to run a command, to tell the server to respond with it's public adres, if needed.
In cmd run: altaddr /set 123.123.123.1
(reboot server for settings to take effect)

On the firewall, make sure the following rules are open:
(i am asuming the citrix/nfuse is in the DMZ)
allow port 1494 wan to DMZ inbound, and high ports (1023 - 5000) outbound
allow port 80 wan to DMZ in and outbound

On the NFuse server either configure the alternative adres use in the admin page, or make sure the below 2 sample lines are in the nfuse.conf (needs an iis reset if changed outside the admin page)

AlternateAddress=Mapped
ClientAddressMap=192.168.0.,Normal,*,Alternate

After these changes, the template will get filled with the alternate adres for internet users, and the internal adres for your lan users.

Stefan

Thanks, it looks like the issue was with network security, I verified the rules in the firewall, but network security never gave routing access from the Aventail system to the machines added after the initial gateway setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back