Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The Weirdest Thing I've Even Seen (Form Open Error)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImASig

Technical User
Jul 24, 2000
US
I am running an Access 97 database stored on a server. I have about 6 users adding/chaning records everyday. Recently we have added a new database administrator and purchased a new machine for him. Whenver he makes a change to a form from his machine it prevents all other machines on the network from accessing the form at any point in the future. Whenever another user double clicks on the form to open it the scroll bar for the window that contains all forms in your database slides back in forth for about a .5 sec and then does nothing. If you try to click again you get the same result. All other users can make changes to the form without having any problems. Possibility of a virus has been ruled out.

The administrators machine is a AMD Anthlon 1500, XP Pro, 512 MB of Ram. Does anyone have a remote clue as to where to begin troubleshooting.

Update,

We have found that if we copy the database to the administrator's machine and set the directory to shared all users can access forms changed by the administrator wihtout any problems. So the issue is now between the admins machine and the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back