Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The webpage cannot be found when selecting Manage server

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimboskip

Technical User
Apr 23, 2007
GB
I'm currently using Sharepoint 2007, and getting very irritated about the constant sign on boxes. I have gone through the following steps to stop this
* set a domain admin as the login credentials for the single sign on service and started this no problem.
*Set the same user with security and db creation access in SQL
*Under Security Configuration, have set the same account to login the service account from within the central administration

However when I go to Operations -> Manage setting sfor single sign-on -> and select "Manage server settings" it comes up with "The Webpage cannot be found". I cannot access this link from another machie but the editing needs to be on the local machine that hosts sharepoint.

Can anybody help!!!?????

When are you getting the sign on boxes? I'm assuming the sharepoint box sits on the local network.

Have you checked on the server that the single sign on service is running?

Not really sure that you even need the SSO for your problem.

Sometimes there is a problem with IE in that it doesn't recognise your moss site as being in the local domain if you're using a FQDN. To resolve this you can just add it into your local intranet sites (on IE).

We are getting sign on boxes whenever we try to open documents on SharePoint. Sharepoint is sitting on one of our local network servers, and we are in a domain. I have double checked and the single sign o service is running under a domain admin's credentials. I have also just tried your suggestion of adding the site to trusted sites but only to come ot the same conclusion. It seems that the rest of the administration console is working ok.

Have you tried running the service under Local Service?

Am I right in assuming your accessing this on the sharepoint box directly? via remote desktop?

If you enter your credentials in the prompt does it go away?

For automatic authentication either place the site in your trusted sites or your intranet zone in IE and configure IE to send your credentials automatically.

Several Thoughts on Authentication:
You may and probably also have a loopback issue. Here is a link to the microsoft article, I suggestion option 2:

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back