Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The way to add Report Section between Report Sections 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

japanese

Programmer
Apr 7, 2005
JP
hello everyone.

I'm searching the way to add Report Section
between Report Sections.

Now I put Report Sections under 1 Sequential Section.
And I wanna add Report Section between Report Sections
which I've already created.

So I wanna know the way to add Report Section between
Report Sections, or to sort Report Sections.

Anybody knows it, pls give me adivice.

Thank you
Regards

Not sure exactly what you want to do with the second report section, but you may want to add a conditional section with a if... condition and then add the second report section in the else. Otherwise how do you decide which section to use?

gdwood,
Thank you for your reply.

I put many Report Sections under 1 Sequential Section.
And I need to add 1 Report Section under that Sequential
Section. But I wanna insert Report Section C between Report Section A and Report Section B.
(Do you make sense?)

But if I add new Report Section, it is added the end.
So I wanna know how to add new Report Section not the end,
or how to sort Report Sections inside of that Sequential Section.

If you have any information, pls give me advice
to make it possible.

Thank you for coming.

Check if this helps out. I got this from the Actuate help.

AcSequentialSection::NewContent method
------------------------------------------------------------
Instantiates one of the list of contents for this section.

Syntax
Function NewContent( index As Integer) As AcReportComponent

Parameters
index

The number of the content component.

Description
The sequential section identifies its contents in order from 1 to the number of contents. The index passed to this function corresponds to the position of the content component within the content list that you see in the structure pane of the Design Editor. By default, the NewContent( ) method looks in the internal database for the name of the component that exists in the position given by index and instantiates that component.

If you want to do custom processing, you can override this method to decide which component to instantiate for a given index position. If you override this method, you must be aware of several points. First, if you override this method to take control of which component to instantiate for each index location, then any contents you specify in the structure pane are ignored. To change the set of components that the sequential section generates, you must change your override of this method. Second, the sequential section assumes that when NewContent( ) returns Nothing, the index is one greater than the number of contents in this section. Thus, you cannot instantiate components for indexes 1 and 2, none for 3, but again instantiate a component for index 4. The sequential section never calls this method with index 4 if index 3 returns Nothing.

You do not need to completely replace the default behavior. You could, for example, take control of what component to instantiate for index 1, but call the super class method to handle all other components.

Regards
Naveen

Right Click on one of your report sections (A, B, C). There you should seee 'Slot Information'. You can order your contents there.

May 25

Hi Japanese,

Don't if you're still wrestling with this issue but the solution is insanely simple.

Display the properties of the SEQL SECTION.
Scroll down to SLOTS, open it up and you'll see Contents
and <List>.
Click on <List> and up comes a lits of reports in the
section. You can simply use the up/down arrows to move
the reports anywhere you want inside the seq section.

That simple.
Milt.

Hello everyone.

Thank you for your replies.
Because of your replies, I could solve this problem.

Thank you so much.

japanese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back