Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The Way Things Used to Be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
You know how on Windows 95, you saw step by step what the computer was processing at startup? Line By line. Well how do you do that on Windows 98? is there an option you can choose to see the computer loading the devices at startup? and I dont mean command prompt or step by step confirmation, either. I miss watching all those lines and commands.....boy, I better get a new day job, huh?

Or do you mean the [ shift ]+[ F8 ] set that allows you to control the drivers that load?
Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

This seems really simple and you probably already know it, but if you hit the esc key the Windows logo screen will go away and you can see what is going on behind it. Other than that, I think the only way is the step-by-step that you don't want to do. Michelle Fulton

If you think this is bad, you're gonna hate Windows ME.

If you really like lines and commands, I've got a copy of Windows 2.0 somewhere in my back room... :-D

Well, the reason I want to see the devices and commands being loaded is to see if there are any problems with files, drivers, devices ect...and because it looks cool, too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back