Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

The Visual Basic UFL that implements this function is missing (or u2lc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bitaoo

Programmer
Dec 18, 2002
US
Hello friends,

I am distributing my project to a clean client system. I am using Package & Deployment Wizard to install my project. but I have a problem with runnig one of my reports that uses a CRUFLxxxx.dll library, it says:
<The visual basic UFL that implements this function is missing (or u2lcom.dll is missing)>
I added this CRUFLxxxx.dll file to my VB6 program as a reference and made a package again but it doesn't work yet.

Please help me if you know any solution for this problem. I appreciate your help in advance.

--Bita

Sorry, I forgot to say that I have this problem in
Windows 98 only and it works in Windows 2000 and XP as well.

--Bita

I too am receiving this error when I try to display a cr9 report on a clean Win NT system which uses a custom UFL created by VB. The UFL worked fine in version 8. I'm installing the app using InstallShield and all the proper merge modules were included with the setup and the file u2lcom.dll was installed according to the runtime.hlp file in the proper location. I've tried placing and registering the UFL in several locations including the system32 folder...the application folder...and the common files folder specified by the CD entries in the registry. I always receive this error message.

When I tried creating a setup using the P&D wizard in VB, it complained of a file missing named unicows.dll which should not be required for NT (its not on the development machine where everything works fine).

Since the above message indicates the installs were successful on Win2000 and XP, does anyone know if there is some component missing from the Win9x/NT OS's that prevents custom UFLs from installing properly?

Vince

As a UFL developer I've done a few of these in the past.

1) The UFL must be installed in Windows\Crystal (on Win98) or WinNT\Crystal (on Nt or 2000). I think XP has gone back to Windows\Crystal

2) The UFL must be registered either by your install program or manually using
RegSVR32 c:\Windows\Crystal\CRUFLxxxx.DLL

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

I am having the same exact problem. However, moving my CRUFLxxxx.DLL to the C:\Windows\Crystal\ folder and registering it did not clear up the problem. Do you have any other ideas as to how this can be cleared up? I am having another issue as well with the merge modules.

I have added the Merge Modules that I need for distribution into an MSI using the Microsoft Installer version 9064. When I run this MSI package on WinXP or Win2000, it works fine. When I run it on Win98, the following files will not register:
Keycode.dll -> this is 1 of 2 that doesn't get registered
ExportModeller.dll
crqe.dll
crtslv.dll
DataDefModel.dll
RptControllers.dll
saCommonControls.dll
saXMLSerialize.dll
UndoManager.dll
Emfgen.dll
Keycode.dll -> this is 2 of 2 that doesn't get registered

Status